Motion capture software for Entertainment applications
Designed for a future where motion capture and live action shooting become indistinguishable, Blade Powered by Axiom is engineered to capture performances effortlessly and deliver robust, reliable data that enables creativity.
CONNECT - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STUDIO
An easy to use interface, improved workflows and intelligent calibration makes the entire system easy to operate, accurate, fast and flexible at shoot time.
AXIOM, BLADE'S LIVE ENGINE
Capable of coping effortlessly with multiple characters, complex situations and difficult conditions. Significant occlusion and complex motions are taken in Axiom's stride with no loss of fidelity or subtlety of motion.
WHAT IS AXIOM?
At the heart of the motion capture system, Axiom provides the flawless real-time on and off-line that has become synonymous with Blade.
CREATE WITH THE BEST REAL-TIME ON THE MARKET
A fast turnaround time, high-quality data and instant feedback on your performance, make Blade perfect for previsualization and virtual production. What you see on shoot day, is the same flawless data you work with offline.
ACCESS AXIOM OFFLINE WITH POST
Your post processing workflow can now be as automated as you want it to be or fully interactive. The Post Editor gives you the option to manually edit your solve at any point in the process and send it back to the Axiom engine for the remainder of your pipeline.
REAL-TIME VIDEO OVERLAYS
Calibrate Vue into your volume at the same time as your optical cameras and overlay your calibrated Vue video data onto your CG environment for easier character set-up and real-time solve quality assessment.
- Unrivaled Real-time Processing
- Fast, clean real-time visualization, faithfully reproducing the performance
- Capable of coping with multiple characters, complex situations and difficult conditions (significant occlusion, complex motions)
- Fast and graceful recovery from situations where it is impossible to label or solve
- No distractions arising from failed visualization or aesthetically unacceptable visualization
- New RT processing increases active volume size for real-time and Post
- Fast turnaround of high-quality data for previz
- Ability to select which cameras contribute to real-time processing
- Separate Labelling and Solving Skeletons and Processes in Real-time as in Post
- Dedicated Skeletons for different jobs
- Use any skeleton for real-time solving – including your production skeleton
- Brings the real-time and post processes ever closer
- Character Set-up
- Capture multiple simultaneous ROMs
- Reduce studio set-up time
- RT Solving setup can have markers that constrain multiple bones
- Improved AutoVST
- Improved AutoSkeleton
- Faster and more accurate subject calibration
- New manipulator type for faster manual skeleton set-up
- Accurate and Robust RT Labelling
- Continuous monitoring of labelling and continuous rebooting in real-time
- Manual reboot button
- Support for joint ranges
- Automatic Occlusion Fixing
- Occlusion can now be automatically accounted for and gaps filled during real-time processing and in Post
- Blade's Post gives you offline access to Axiom's real-time algorithms. It is designed for rapid turnaround of offline processing and compliments Blade's existing, manual offline tracking process, offering a faster workflow and access to automated occlusion fixing.